I used to worry about it being Friday the 13th. I don't know why or where it came from but, like many others, I did. I don't worry anymore. Today is actually FLIP FLOP FRIDAY as any other Friday these days... everyday is a barefoot day for me. It's been so hot lately that I have to remember to put flip flops on when I go outside...so remember your flip flops even the sand is very hot! And watch out for the bottom of your pet's paws too!
It's been a lazy week of sorts.
- I am still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with my bedroom, and what I want from Ocean Styles, besides everything. I tried mapping it out on paper:
- I've been trying to figure out my extra room. I have to pull the carpet up and make repairs to the flake (fake) board floor, and put down a plank kind of floor. I have an old dresser in there that I want to repair and paint and use for storage of my paint and crafting supplies. On the interior walls I want to cut out between beams to make recessed book cases. (I saw it somewhere and of course, now I can't find it.) I want to set up a day bed, crafting table and possibly a desk. There's a lot of clearing out and getting rid of stuff to do!
- Meanwhile, I have been trying to clean up and find homes for things.
- I had a 'need' to get crafty yesterday and did a simple jar make over for q-tips and cotton balls. see here
- I've done allot of click after click after clicking!
I remembered uglysofa.com had inexpensive slip covers, so went looking:
This is just a great big drop clothe throw over so it fits the various types of sofa styles and sizes. The sofa cover measures 112x170 which sells for $39.99 and the same style chair cover measures 110x108 which sells for $29.99...not bad. But it got me thinking...
What if I did just get a drop clothe?? So I went looking around and converted feet to inches so I could compare. You may have seen a couple of posts on my Facebook page. But the common size was a 15ft x 12ft which is 180x144 inches which is a bit bigger and less expensive than the uglysofa.com sofa cover. I have never had luck with fitted slip covers and to me, bigger is better, so I know I have plenty to tuck in. I was primarily looking at 8 ounce drop clothes, but I did see that the 10 ounce is also cheaper and at the end of looking noticed that another type (I think to use more as a canvas tarp.) seemed to be water resistant, but didn't actually check sizes and prices.
So these are my steps:
- Drape 15 x 12 over the sofa...that's a start to cover the green sofa and floral back pillows.
- Covert yardage to feet to figure out now what size drop cloth needed to cover the back 4 pillows. I think a yard will cover 1. I want to make them with an envelope back so I can take off and wash too. And I won't be sewing, unless they fall apart in the wash. I am going to use iron-on tape.
- Make slip cover type of covers, too, for the seat cushions.
- Then, use upholstery pins for my tucks...you know those pig tail, curly ones?
- Make painted canvas and bright toss pillows.
So grab your flip-flops and have a wonderful day and a wonderful weekend!