MY ETSY SHOP

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

WARNING!


WARNING!

Twst_bar.gif (1692 bytes)
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.

I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other peoples' gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickles for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.


We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.







Twst_bar.gif (1692 bytes)  


Just because the poem above is about purple, take a look at this!

Now, about the sites I've been looking at and what brought this about.  You know how it goes; one click leads to another to another to another and so on and so on... that happens allot to me when I am not working on something else.  Yesterday, that's what happened, as you may have seen by the shares on Facebook!

So anyway, some how I wound up on this blog:
I've said before, "you know my name, but you don't know my story" and when I started this journey I said I would tell you the stories as we go along.  My rooms tell a story.  Did you ever read someone else's story or a chapter of their story and it could be yours!!??  That's what was happening.   I came across her post.
I was hooked.  You can change the names, to protect the innocent, but it was nice to hear that some not only was a mess inside but would admit it!  Sometimes it is so good to know that you are not alone...you are not the only one...someone else has traveled a similar journey... I signed up for her newsletter and received A Beautiful Mess Guide.   I also found her on FB too!  Just reading "About" her makes me smile.  She did make me think... and think about writing a letter to my younger self.   Dear Self....we'll see.  It will take some thought to write and not something I am ready today to just type out but a good possibility.

So then I started looking to see what was shared on FB... I get so much inspiration from other posts too.  I used to collect positive quotes and now I see so many that I try to share them as I find them.  I think we need to spread as much positives as possible. I think that women should encourage each other, hold a torch up, and lend a hand and/or a shoulder to one another.  There are so many things that make us more similar than different.  

Then, I found this post:  a-gambrel-style-cottage-in-hyannis-port-that-isnt-afraid-of-color   And that's when it hit me!  When I get old I'll wear purple!!  I am considered old, or at least older than I've been before.  Although purple and red don't go and don't suit me, my bold colors in my home do!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.