MY ETSY SHOP

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Shit's Creek Survivor

Along my journey, I have found myself up shit's creek without a paddle too many times.  It means just to be in a bad situation without a solution... been there too?  Not too long ago, I saw a sign that said "Shit's Creek Survivor" but of course, now that I want it, I don't remember where it was, so I decided to make my own.

I just picked up a piece of wood at Lowe's.  I stencilled on the letters in pencil, painted with a bronze acrylic paint and then outlined the letters with a brown Sharpie.  Because I was feeling lazy, I pulled out colored pencils, watercolor pencils and some colored Sharpies.  There was a light grain to the wood that I tried to follow to get a water effect of blues, greens, and purple.  And because I survived in paradise in Florida, I drew a palm tree on one side and added some yellow. 

I think I will use bamboo salad spoons as my paddles, I have them my paddles back now!  There is nothing better than knowing you're a survivor...and having a positive reminder in your face!





It's still a work in progress...



Hang in there...you, too, are a survivor!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, so many times I've found myself needing a paddle. What a fun sign. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Never know when I'll need one or two again but it is fun and a good reminder. Thanks so much for stopping by :)

      Delete

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.