MY ETSY SHOP

Sunday, April 29, 2012

take down your sails...



How many times have we struggled, trying to keep our heads above water?  I've wondered so many times, when is this storm going to pass??  How long is is black cloud going to follow me?  It kinda became a joke, although, sometimes just unreal and other times not so funny! 

2008 Black cloud following me home from work.





Compassion - Caring Like Jesus 
had this picture in a search I did for a ship in the storm.

But this is what started this post:

the thoughts of abandoned love: take down the sails: We can find ourselves in the middle of chaos.  I always picture a ship, and this ship is fighting to stay above the waves...

Thursday, March 15, 2012

take down the sails

We can find ourselves in the middle of chaos.  I always picture a ship, and this ship is fighting to stay above the waves.  There's water crashing everything...it seems hopeless.  The chaos is overwhelming to those on the ship.  The sails are tearing and the rudder is cracking into a million pieces.  We fight so hard to float.  We fight every single wave that hits us.

"Come to me all who are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." - Jesus

After I read this, I picture the people on the ship taking down the sails.  I see the people letting go of the rudder...maybe letting it shatter.  We stop fighting to stay afloat.  Instead we let go.  We let the one who was always supposed to be in control...guide us through the chaos.  When that happens...the chaos starts to change to peace.  What's happening may not change...but we are trusting, with our everything, in the ONE guiding us home.  We take down our sails.  We let his LOVE guide us where we were always meant to go.

May we take down our sails.

We are called to ABANDONED LOVE.

I took down my sails in February...just before my birthday on the 19th.   It hasn't been absolute smooth sailing but I am much better at adjusting my sails and going with the flow.  Peace...smooth sailing to you!

Have a great Sunday!
~pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.