MY ETSY SHOP

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What's your Ocean Style?





Hi, Hope everyone is doing well today.  I am trying to catch up and take it easy today.  Usually, when I am doing something, I have my lap top to take a break with.  Without the lap top for 5 days, my breaks were fewer and further between... needless to say, I am a hurting puppy!  To walk is such an effort... so I am just going to skip around the world on the web today... not complaining, that's life, and I am so glad to be hooked up again.

There is a site that has wonderful ideas for decorating and purchasing some wonderful beachy treasures for every room.  If you haven't been there, please check it out for yourself :  Ocean Styles: Beach, Coastal and Tropical.


Take a look at this: Beach Fence Photo Collage.  I was so going to do this and use it for a head board when I got to re-doing my bedroom.  I just loved the idea!  But while working on the yard and shopping at Lowe's, I found the fence already made and painted white!  I was so inspired by the 'beach fence',  I used it upside down to have that dune beach fence look.  I love it!


There are some other articles that give you such great ideas on decorating any room whether it be Beach, Coastal and/or Tropical... I think I've evolved into a combination of all three.  As I've said before, I don't live on the beach and that is my favorite place, I am in the process of making my home as beachy as I can... to make it my second favorite place.

Some articles you may enjoy and get inspiration from:

Decorating with Seashells  I think this is probably the quickest and simplest way of adding  a beachy nautical feel to any room.  I just can not have enough shells so much, that I was looking into having a pallet delivered but the minimum is 5 cubic yards; so I put it on hold.  I have shells in different glass containers, baskets...around the top in flower pots.

Shine the light onto your Home with Beach lighting...  another way to add that touch to a room... I love all their lamps. 


Glass Float String Lights   But this is one of my MUST HAVES!


Cover Those Bare Walls...  I don't know why but I hate bare walls!!   I found I can get more on a wall by going higher.  I want to be surrounded by things I love:  people, places, things... As I've said, I am here with Heidi, my Chihuahua, while the rest of my family is up north.  I love to be surrounded by pictures and those silly and nice phrases that keep me focused and positive.  Although I do buy when I see something that I must have so many are just so easy to make.  Check out that article for a few... let your imagination go.

Small Hanging Beach Signs are a great find as reminders and laughs and are so reasonably priced at $8.95 each.


and Wipe Your Flip Flops (top).


Still one of my favorite things:  (2) Silver Flip Flops Trinket Dish Set   (ABOVE) I love and live in flip flops!  As soon as I saw these, I pinned it, Facebook'd it, and now blogged about (I was waiting for my living room post).  I do have a running "Wish List"  for each area of my home for as I get to that point.

I want to leave you with one more article :  The Basic Rules To Get It Right which also puts it simply how to get your mind set, especially if you can't look out the window and find your beach.  My living room focal point is a picture I took in 2005 on  North Captiva Island Club Resort (another highly recommended vacation spot.. but that's another story).  I do think to get it right, "it" should feel right to YOU!  If it doesn't, change it.


The color on the wall totally changed the colors in the picture but it pops.  It may be leaning a little bit more towards tropical but it's a happy brighter room now.

I haven't decided on my bedroom yet but leaning towards these colors:


http://www.oceanstyles.com/tropical-bedding/dawn-yellow-coral/dawn-yellow-coral-luxury-oversized-quilt-p-943

I hope you enjoy the articles from Ocean Styles and browse and shop there... perhaps you'll have your own running wish list too.  Don't forget to "like" them on Facebook too:  Ocean Styles Beach Decor
Have fun and let the inspiration flow!

4 comments:

  1. Very well put together, sadly I can't do this in my house living here in Colorado. I do have a suggestion--I think the painting above the pillows could be lowered. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure yet. The couch with those pillows was pulled away from the wall so I think that might have had something to do with it. I am debating a shelf under the picture straight across the wall or 2 shorter shelves... I know Colorado isn't beachy but if you love it, isn't there a corner you could do? or a bathroom, hallway? Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I'll keep you posted as to where the living room goes. ~pat

      Delete
  2. Hi Pat, visiting from Ocean Style's link. I love the photo you took in Captiva. I am desperately wanting to take a shelling trip to Sanibel Island soon. You painted your living room my favorite color! Also, I live on the Space Coast too! We do have lovely beaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica, or HI Neighbor!! Thank you so much for coming by. I haven't been back to the west coast since 2005. Everytime I look at that picture, I want to head back to Sanibel and do the shuffle! Yes we do have great beaches but still looking for that shell pile ~pat

      Delete

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.