MY ETSY SHOP

Sunday, May 6, 2012

"SUPER MOON"



Heidi and I went outside last night to wait for the "super moon" rising.  I didn't see it coming up so thought maybe it was going to be too cloudy,  gave up and went back inside.

I was on the computer, getting lost with one click after another and I don't remember what time it was but all of a sudden  OH NO !!

Grab the dog, the camera and out we go.  I don't understand but as I tried to focus on the moon and was in a hurry...like the moon was going somewhere and I had to get the picture before the moon disappeared!



Then I paused a moment to just look at it.  I'm using a new camera and although it is a simple point and shot (Nikon Coolpix) it has all these settings I've yet to use.  The picture above was night portrait, which caused the flash to go off and just an okay picture.
I knew the flash wasn't helping so switched over to night landscape.



I found the Man in the Moon!!  I was excited as I laughed to myself remembering all the times in the back seat of the family car, watching him follow me home; making sure I got home safe.  I'd say Good night Mr. Moon when we got home in the drive-way.



I see the moon
and the moon sees me
The moon sees the somebody I'd like to see.
God bless the moon
and God bless me
God bless the somebody I'd like to see!

Good Night, Mr. Moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.