I started with my bedroom drawers and closet. I threw out, bagged for donating and put away. I did laundry; I shopped and did returns Monday. I finished painting around the kitchen fan and painted the medallion the same color as the table top.
Then I went on to the living room: The front door was panelled. I washed it, primed it and painted two coats of Going My Way from ACE Hardware. Then I decided to paint the wall behind the couch...after washing and priming, two coats of paint...and then the wall to the door.
This was the plan with up-dates:
THIS WAS A SUMMER PROJECT: It was almost 90 and going to be over 90 this week...with the air on when it is too hot for working outside. As I've said, every thing has a story, especially my living room. Where do I start? My immediate family is all on Long Island, NY and I am here. I love to get pictures and frame them but I am running out of wall space! We now have 2 one year olds and 2 more babies on their way. I need a plan! For the most part, besides organizing better, this is my TO-DO LIST:
- Paint walls and ceiling; sea foam walls, ( Going My Way, ACE Hardware) yellow ceiling (
do accent wall in coral?)> maybe the far wall in yellow to help bounce some light!
- Possibly, add molding around the windows, and paint
(coral)and/or possibly do board and batten
- Recover the back couch pillows
- Recover toss pillows
- Decide on black furniture: book shelves, couch table, small table...to paint or not to paint
- The 2 sea grass trunks; keep both together or one as coffee table
- Create a family photo wall
- Create a NYC and KSC (Kennedy Space Center) wall on each side of Captiva picture; add shelves under; I was just trying to keep them the same amount of letters.
- Decide on curtains.
- Cut out rug in front of door and replace with tiles.
- Get another book case for other side and balance.
- decoupage the small trunk
My living room is my hub. It is my everything room right now. I have a couch table which is doing duty as a desk. A night table as a printer stand. I have 2 sea grass chests that right now are pushed together as a very large coffee table. I have a book case and a decorative open shelf. A couch, what I want to re-cover the pillows with beach fabric.
|15 feet long by 8 feet wide|
3 feet x 4 feet by door to tile
So back to what I did accomplish. At this point I have 3 walls painted.
I love the color and I love how it brightens up the room. I took down the vertical blinds again and have yet to figure out what I'll do there and on the opposite window, but I like the blinds down... just not my style.
That's as far as I got. I'll share as I go but I am hurting after I have not had much of a break.
I am liking the colors that just brighten up this space. I want to be surrounded by family photos, especially the little ones that make me smile. There are certain photos that take me to a place, usually by the water, that bring back memories and all my beachy finds. And I want my books close by. I want to walk into this space and feel the outside came in and comfortable enough to almost feel the sand under my feet. And if you come in, I want you to feel just as comfortable and enjoy my vignette around the room.