I think my Starfish lamp (from Ocean Styles) is the perfect finishing touch to this little table! I wanted to tell you how easy it was to do a presto-change up of this table I've had for years!
Now this is before I was smarter and paid attention to what I was doing so I'll tell you my recommendations rather than what I think I did.
- Clean the entire table well and let dry;
- Give it a light sanding and wipe with damp cloth to get any sand dust.
- Prime and let dry;
- Paint; I used sand textured spray paint on the drawer after taping paper around so not to spray anything else but the drawer front.
- Paint the table; I used the same ACE Paint- Going My Way, as I used on the living room walls;
- I used the primer in spots and then sanded to distress;
- I gave it a few days to dry before I added shells to the drawer on top of the sand paint and topped it off with a LandShark beer bottle cap on top of the knob. FINS UP!
- Last, you really should, at least, coat or seal the top!
|Let it sit for a few days to really dry.|
|I used it for my printer before moving everything around.|