MY ETSY SHOP

Saturday, June 9, 2012

As I travel this journey...

As I travel this journey, I am often caught off guard about different things. 

I am a big fan of Facebook.  I joined in May of 2008, according to FB,  although I think it was more around 2007.  The idea was to be able to keep in touch with everyone 'home' after I moved from Long Island, NY to Vero Beach, FL in 2007.  I had been working for Linens 'n Things and transferred.  Working retail, you work a crazy schedule and sometimes over-nite, where the rest of the world is doing a 9 to 5 Monday through Friday.  So it was great to post whenever. 

Relationships change... by December 2008 all stores had closed nation wide.  Facebook became a way to keep in touch with all my friends and family that were coworkers.  To support each other in the quest for a job, a life, to hold on... to play games to pass the time and not lose our minds.  It was a difficult time for many of us.  People move... some got jobs... some went into new relationships, some got married, had babies... An additional injury at work, progressed and I wound up disabled and on disability...life happens... life goes on. 

I believe many of our beliefs stem from where our journey has lead us... all kinds of things can shape our views and beliefs.  I have always come from a place of doing to others as I have wanted to be treated.  There have been times that I have been in a position to help others and more lately times I can not.  I spent years as an advocate for children.  I've helped parents, male and female.  I learned allot from simple to complicated issues of laws, the government and it's workings.  I am a liberal.


"... someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties..." then call me a liberal!

JFK 9-14-60


I bring up my political views here today because it is part of my journey and only to say this:
I am so totally amazed that there are people is a family member I know that have has attacked me and I think, tried to change my views. It is not that I have not listened to other views, but have questioned them.  This is done on my personal FB page.  No one has to agree with my political views, nor I with everyone else.  I strive to keep my political and religious views there, when it moves me BUT not on my companion page on Facebook or here.  I was told in high school, there are things you discuss with "customers".  Those things were: Religion, Politics and Sex!  Good advice.
I wish to only share my journey here in a positive manner. 


My journey is my journey.  I have invited you along.  Take what you can, give nothing back.  You may not get anything from a post, but come back...I may strike a nerve.  You might get something back.  I hope there will be times when you realize you're not alone, not the only one.  I hope I will inspire you to go along on your own journey.  I hope you will laugh at some of my mistakes and better yet, learn from them. 

I have found some great ideas, great inspiration and great DIY lessons from other bloggers, which I hope to continue sharing as I go.  I hope my journey continues on a postive path that we meet up every once in awhile and share how it's going... until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.