MY ETSY SHOP

Saturday, March 10, 2012

SPRING AHEAD!!


I am so excited and so looking forward to springing ahead!  Something happens to me when we fall back.  I think I just fall down and can't get up!  It has been this way for years.  I remember driving to work in the dark and getting home after dark and not seeing much of day light except through a window.  I'd drag myself out of bed in the morning and couldn't wait to get back in bed after dark.  I'm no longer working out side the house but now I think I am worse because I really don't have a schedule.  On top of it, I am going through an insomnia phase. 


Once the time changes and the days get longer, I seem to wake up earlier and enjoy my coffee outside.  That is the time to be outside before the heat of the day.  I can do a few things on the patio and/or around the yard before the temperature and humidity get unbearable.   At the end of the day, when it's still light, when the sun is over in the west, it's great to bar-b-q and enjoy a glass of wine on the patio and just relax in a breeze as the sun sets.  I can now take my wireless laptop out for when I can't drag myself away and get back to reading some great books calling me.  On my journey for enjoying my home and life, I am going to work on this as part of my day. 


But I have to confess.  I am missing the north for some plants blooming, even though everything is blooming here.  I miss daffodils, tulips, crocus, and mostly the sea of yellow forthysia.  I started going through different gardening sites looking for flowers that may look like them but able to grow in Zone 9 instead of Zone 6 and without having to dug up and put in the freezer... I am more of a perennial person right now.  I have spent so much money on "potted" plants that wither and die during our dry season or our rainy season without any rain that I want to re-plant and plant in the ground those things that are natural to the area and will thrive in the conditions.  I guess, I am learning over again what will grow and how.  I like going through the different sites to find what I like such as:  Spring Hill Nursery Zone 9  .

Completely-Coastal  has a great post for DIY coastal garden ideas.  The wonderful thing about so much of the inspiration I get is you don't have to live on the water but anywhere to use and enjoy a coastal living.  She also has a great post Completely-Coastal outdoor garden decor with succulents.

I just love the idea of the above picture for my front.  I'm thinking the succulents would hold up during raining and dry seasons, which they have and I have them already.  Some rocks, which I am thinking... there's a pile of busted cement by the dumpsters that I could paint to look like "faux" stones!  I'd like to get some crushed shells as a base but might have to settle for pea stones or river rock...I've got the shells and just need a gazing ball. And this:  Completely-Coastal garden mix.  (up-dated)

There are many ideas out there, it's just a matter of looking and then doing!  I am so energized just waiting for the time change and back into the sun-up, sun-down routine! 


Hope you have a great week end!










1 comment:


  1. Hello!
    a debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this blog it's extremely useful to execute in our work.


    Regards.
    LANDSCAPE COMPANY IN NOIDA

    ReplyDelete

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.