MY ETSY SHOP

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Another change in plans!

Isaac is on his way!

I basically have less than 4 days to prepare, and prepare I will.  I have been very lucky since I moved to Florida this time.  I was in Vero Beach for T.S. Fay, which proved days of rain can be pretty impressive too...but so far, no hurricane threats till now.  Every season, and any mention of a hurricane, I have prepared and found myself lucky that nothing came to be.  So I will prepare again, hope for the best, but it doesn't look that good this time!  This far out, anything could change but I don't work fast, so I'm starting ahead of time.

I am hopeful that I will be fine but it's that nagging "unknown" feeling that can make an anxiety filled day.  As of now, unless I am told to leave, I plan on riding it out.  There isn't an evacuation site that takes dogs close by.  I checked  the county emergency management page for a refresher in preparation.

Earlier today when I was out with the dog, I started straightening up the shed and putting things in there... still allot more to put in there. Truthfully, a hurricane could take the shed and everything else to Oz but I can do what I can do and hope for the best.

For most of yesterday, I was cleaning up.  Cleared up my crafting supplies from the kitchen and pretty much done in there...went through refrigerator and cabinets to double check what to pick up as non-perishables and what to cook before hand. Making a multi-list: to check, to pack, to buy, and to get gas and go to bank.  Got laundry ready to do...

We are in the cone right now and we're not supposed to panic.  Things, of course, can change as it moves, but then: it doesn't look good for Central Florida either way.  If Isaac continues to track along the west coast of Florida, we are on the back side of the storm that has that wallop of rain and wind.

So the anxiety continues but I am trying to keep focused on what I can do now and for the next 4-5 days. Prepare, prepare, prepare.

Doing laundry now.  Load of clothes in the dryer and blanket and quilt in the washer.  List growing but all little things.  My sister and brother-in-law sent me a gift for 2 Christmas' that came in a Styrofoam container that I am happy I saved, to use for refrigerator things, just in case.  Of course, there will be plenty of last minute things to do, like bring in my plants but I am trying to do what I can, as much as I can, just in case.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.