MY ETSY SHOP

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend 2013

What a difference a year makes... last year we were waiting on a possible hurricane!  Here's last year's post. Not this year, Thank God!  Although it is 80 degrees right now, it's cloudy and a breeze from the north, so I have the windows open.  I love days when I can open the windows.  

It's also a time that I will remember my Great Uncle Joe who died by a sniper after getting his men safely across the river.  A book and movie were made about the battle:  A Bridge Too Far.   I have a great respect for those who serve our country and their families.  I remember my mother saying repeatedly, a soldiers family is never the same after losing them in the war.

S / Sgt   Joseph J. Butler       


Killed in Action Oct.3, 1944
26 years old



My weekend will be quiet... still have work to do around here.  I'll look to see if I can watch the movie on my laptop and keep checking PBS for The Ghost Army.  My Nephew (in-law's) Grandfather was a part of this and I keep missing the rebroadcast.

Remember what this holiday is truly about as you barbq, party, do what ever you do, by raising the flag, saying a silent prayer for all our troops past and present and that God will Bless them all and their families.

freedom isn't free
all gave some, some gave all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.