MY ETSY SHOP

Friday, October 19, 2012

I'm so excited!

I am so excited!   And I can't help it but this song keeps rolling around in my head!!!  I'm so excited.   


This is what I can share with you tonight:


As you know by now,  I have been working on my first Craft Fair. It was supposed to be Black Friday and Saturday...BUT (due to a senior moment ~ that happens in an over 55 park allot I'm finding out) it will only be one day, on Saturday.   Honest, I was initially disappointed...no, I was pissed!  But do-do happens.


SO....I will be opening my very own Etsy Shop!   I have been working on so many pieces, so many more ideas, and totally enjoying it that I want to keep going.  It will probably not open until after the craft fair around December 1st but I will most likely ship Priority Mail by the US Post Office.  I hope you will check it out.  Meanwhile:

These are the Beachy Things I am working on, staying within my love for the beach:
  1. 12x12 Paintings on plywood
  2. 6x6 Painted Signs on plywood
  3. 6x6 and 6x12 plywood KEY HOLDERS
  4. 6x6 Memo Holder
  5. Green Christmas wreaths
  6. Grapevine Wreaths with reversible plaque for all seasons
  7. Message in a Bottle, suitable to send in the mail
  8. Bleached pine cone ornaments
  9. Canvas boards
  10. Black Boards
  11. Children's Totes/bags with beachy treats :)
  12. Shell encrusted Light Bulbs: I've Got an Idea!  Gone to the Beach!
  13. Decorative Jars
  14. Photo Prints with sayings
  15. Furniture
so far....


I volunteered in the Park to do the newsletter and communications... that's one way of knowing what's going on! LOL I volunteered to decorate the Laundry Room and Rec Hall, using my work!  I can't wait to show you my idea of NO SMOKING, NO PETS ALLOWED along with LAUNDRY ROOM FOR RESIDENTS ONLY!!  All with my sunny beach theme!  LOL  I am also going to paint the chairs similar to my Adirondack chairs, a TV stand and maybe a lamp...add a basket of magazines and maybe some flowers!  The Rec Hall will probably be a mostly monthly theme but I'll put my spin on it.
Welcome...may all the guests who enter here leave as friends.

Above for the Rec Hall.

We decided that the month of November here will honor our Veterans and I am so happy about that... just need ideas, as to how! Any suggestions?  I picked up some red, white and blue decorations, have small flags and a couple of pin wheel spin things.  So far in November we have POT LUCK DINNER that I thought maybe we could theme around some good ole American food; BINGO games where we could salute the Flag, a moment of silence for those we've lost and prays for our Troops and close with God Bless America.

 I think I have my work cut out for me before November 1st!!

 
I need 2 No Smoking, 2 No Pets, 2 Close washer lids and 2 No Problem's...and I guess 2 Residents Only for each door.... it will definitely be a different laundry room but I'm thinking a couple of these above my washer & dryer would be pretty neat!
 Busy, busy keeps me busy and happy!

More to share on Monday!   Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I'm wore out just reading about all your work..a.k.a "play"... but gosh I'm so HAPPY for you! You inspire me to want to "get a life" for myself too. I just don't know how to do it though - my brain just won't "flip the switch". I so want to be where you are at mentally - happy and free to just come up with an idea and run with it. I've always been so blocked and restricted for most of my life, can't break the mold, at least, not yet. Maybe one day I will. Until then, I'll just enjoy the joy of others and cheer you on! Good luck with your Etsy page. I'm sure you'll do great! Look forward to future updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, DON'T GIVE UP!

      I have been dreaming this dream since 1979 if not before. No one is more surprised than I that the planets have finally aligned and all is good. Things aren't GREAT but GOOD and good is better than it was.
      It took Miss Sherry...my teacher, from

      http://www.joelandsherryspaintinplace.com/

      believing in me and a few tips and that's when I ran with it! That's when my creative head exploded!!
      Keep following along all the pages you follow, start off with pieces for yourself or gifts... or whatever it is you want to do, share it and watch it take on a life of it's own. For crafts, don't underestimate the Dollar Tree! There are pages of the things to do!

      I'm in your corner and thanks for your encouragement too!
      :)

      Delete

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.