MY ETSY SHOP

Thursday, September 27, 2012

It's been a while...

It's been a while since posting.  I was in a funk.  It takes allot out of some people when it comes around to that time of year and then to write more than a week's worth of blog posts about 9-11.  I don't know that I'll do it next year... but I will NEVER FORGET!

I also started taking a new medicine and am trying to quit smoking which both seem to be kicking my ass!  If it's not my stomach, I want a nap!  But I am doing what I can to stay busy, especially keep my hands busy.  I've taken to painting canvas boards.  It's a means to keep my hands busy, practice for my bedroom mural and there will be a Craft Fair here that I hope to sell these at.  I also want to do wooden painted pictures with sayings, so I'm hoping all goes well.

Here are the backgrounds I have worked on:









None of them are finished and some need more work done to them.  But what I am trying to do too is find "my" style.  I lean towards certain colors, to me seeming more tropical than coastal/nautical.  As much as I like the backgrounds alone, I am still working on palm trees (for my mural).  I do want to do some backgrounds alone for sayings on signs.  














And then I sanded and spray painted this chair.  It's in rough shape and was along side the dumpster.  I'm thinking some rope wrapped around the back and in the grooves of the legs, painting on the seat and saying... to make it into a desk chair.





Day 2: My journey ends at THE BEACH


And then there is this:





I don't know what I was thinking... I started with the palm tree, then in between adding the  sun, I realized I was painting backwards.  So I have to prime the door and start over:  background first!

So that's what I've been up to.... what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.