MY ETSY SHOP

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11, 2001




On September 11th, I set off for work like any other day just like everyone else did that day.  On Long Island, New York, just as it was on the northeast coast, was a beautiful day.  There was a blue sky with hardly a white fluffy cloud to be seen.  As I drove west on Sunrise Highway, I had my window down and my radio volume up...singing and tapping away to the music.

Just as two lanes go into six (four main highway and 2 on the service road):

WE INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM FOR BREAKING NEWS...WE JUST GOT WORD THAT A PLANE HAS HIT THE WORLD TRADE CENTER!!

I looked around at the sky immediately...and without too much detail, I started talking to myself: What kinda idiot flies into the WTC!?  How the hell do you miss it??

The radio didn't have much information to give as I finished my drive to work.  As I went through the receiving department at work, I asked if they had heard anything about the plane hitting the Trade Center.. they said NO.  I went up front to start my day... shortly after, my phone rang.  It was the receiving manager who told me that another plane hit the other tower ...wow!  All I could say was: Some thing's not right!  He would be my outside connection for most of the day for "news".

Everyone seems to remember were they were at that moment they first heard.  Many people I talk to thought the same thing: the first plane had to be an accident because you can't miss the Towers, especially on such a clear day...but when the second hit, something was wrong, we just didn't know how wrong!  In hindsight, it was an understatement for sure.

Today I remember and will NEVER FORGET.  God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.