MY ETSY SHOP

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Breakfast on the Beach- Day One






I started reading "Breakfast on the Beach (Finding God at the water's edge)" last night.  There's a chapter you read before you start and I read the first day this morning with coffee.  Although it's designed to read in a week on the beach, it takes you to the beach just as easily if you aren't there.

In the "Introduction: The Beach Before Me", Mark R. Jordan writes,  "Jesus loves the beach, and He wants you to love it, too."  No longer an adept Bible reader, I'd forgotten just how much and how often Jesus was along the beach.

It's a mini guide to the depths of spirit of the beach and awaking your self and your spirit.  I don't know about you but the beach, to me, can be such a temple with a feeling of oneness and all is good with the world at the beach.  Mark's writing is so clear that if you have ever seen a sun rise, you will see it again in your mind's eye as it breaks the horizon he describes.



In the FIRST DAY: THE SUNRISE,  God reminds us, "...for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good," (Matthew 5:45).

The sunrise, the sky, the sea and the shore all join hands together to create your own sanctuary.  The sea birds are your choir, and the beach is your chancel.  Speak of  His goodness in the morning.  The Psalmist wrote, "God will help...when morning dawns,"  (Psalm 46:5)


And I learned a new word, Selah.  Each chapter ends with it and it is apropos with the book but also for the beach.  It means to "pause, reflect, and to consider what has come before."  I love that he describes it as a spiritual speed bump.  Psalm 46:10a, "Be still and know that I am God."  (NIV)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.