MY ETSY SHOP

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What I'm working on this week...


landscaping with shells


If you are following my journey on Facebook, you have already seen my work on the kid's size Adirondack chair I've been painting.  I am also working on some other details for the front "beach".

painting adirondack chair
 My Before and Almost Done picture (above)...not bad for my first time!!  I am very pleased with it.  I need to paint another coat over the letters on the seat and then seal it. I have an adult size, white one, that I will do when I get everything else done.

I'm also working on gluing shells to a sand pail and shovel.  I also used moss to represent seaweed.  I had to fix the pelican's beak and I'm adding fish and shells to his mouth.  And my Heron needs some love too...he wound up in pieces.  

I spray painted my sandcastle with the sand textured paint so it didn't look so gray and re-sprayed my coral,  a coral color. 

I'm excited with each step and how it's coming together.  I can't wait for it all to be done, it is going to look so good!

Yesterday, while I was working on the chair, my delivery came from Ocean Styles!  Rather than show you what I got now, I'll show you when I get everything is in place as most of it is for outside.  I will tell you this, everything is so much nicer in person than in a picture!

It takes me a little longer working around the Florida summer rainy season BUT I can't wait to be able to sit outside, put my feet up, glass in hand and enjoy my little oasis as we go into "our" fall and winter seasons. 

Stay tuned.... and enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.