MY ETSY SHOP

Friday, January 30, 2015

A Year By The Beach: January 2015 Part 1

A Year By The Beach
January 2015


I've started off the New Year without resolutions but with goals. For some reason, if you call them resolutions you don't keep them BUT if you call them goals, they are measurable and attainable.

I have a new primary doctor, thanks to “affordable care” and already taking care of issues physically and mentally. My goals are measurable and hopefully attainable. A lot of my other goals are based on attaining these goals.

I have many things that need to be done around the house that have either been started and not completed or strictly maintenance. Some things are still waiting because I had help, that I no longer have; some not done because of my own physical limitations; some not affordable to have someone do it or they only half do it. My goal is to be able to get my independence back and do for myself.

My Etsy Shop, The Journey's Gifts, was put on vacation mode just around Christmas. The shop needs to be refreshed and I have many new items I'd like to work on for the new year.

If you follow me on Facebook, you will see that I have been following the Sea Shepard Cove Guardians very closely, as well as Ric O'Berry's Dolphin Project and others. I am amazed or more so appalled that the horrific savage slaughter and captivity of majestic dolphins and small whales continues six months of the year.

If you've seen “The Cove”, you know what I am talking about. If not, I suggest you watch it. I will be posting in an effort to advocate and educate as many people as possible this year. My hope is that this year is the end of captivity and slaughters. And just for your information, I am against the continued captivity and entertainment in sea aquariums, dolphinariums, shows, swim with in captivity. In this day and age we should be doing better as we DO know better. More on this to come.

I haven't been “home” since 2010, and this Christmas was more difficult than in the past. I have nieces and nephews that are 2 and 4. What a great age for the holidays. My goal is to get up there this year for the holidays... I'm just hoping it is a mild winter when I get there.

So, today being the day that most people stop whatever resolutions they started on the first, I am just gearing up!
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.