MY ETSY SHOP

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

World Suicide Prevention Day~PLEASE LIGHT A CANDLE at 8PM.







Can you imagine this statistic?

But much more than a  statistic, these are our family members, our friends, our neighbors, people we know and some we have only know of. They are sons and daughters, mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers... and on that 41st second, some one's life will never be the same and will never get over it...despite what you think.


 Personally, I HAVE thought about it but for one fail, I never acted on it again.  As bad as I felt, I had people that did worry about me and truthfully made pain in the asses of themselves and I am thankful for them.  But sometimes there is nothing you can do to stop someone who is in that much pain, and I'm not saying no one cares about other people...I'm saying please don't blame yourself (I know, easier said than done.)  I think a great organization to check out is:  American Foundation for Suicide Prevention .  Know that you are not alone in this... unfortunately.

On the other side, if I could say one thing, it would be:
IT'S NOT THE END, IT DOES GET BETTER! There are times when that cloud of depression just stays over your head and it just won't lift.  It's like a storm of 30 days and 30 nights, only sometimes it feels like forever!  That pain will go away... it can. And I am sorry it hurts so much. I have to thank some one that did stay up all night... with me.  As much as I recommend talking to anyone, I suggest a professional uninvolved person with an objective view to talk to... sometimes it's easier.  Call the Hotline:  1-800-273-8255.






I am lost for words... but I do know this much for sure...
Death is very final for those who are gone and for those left behind.  Life as we know it will never be the same... never ever.  Life as friends and family of Laura and Jennica know it, and so many more, will never ever be the same be the same.  Jennica's daughter will never be the same...

Had any of us known, we would have stayed up all night... but now, going forward, remember, there are ways of How To Save A Life... 


Last year's, 2012, post for World Suicide Prevention Day ~ Please light a candle tonight at 8pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.