MY ETSY SHOP

Friday, April 6, 2012

Making pretty...

I don't know why but I love to be surrounded by things that make me happy.  ~well, that's not so strange is it? who wants to be surrounded by things that make them sad?~  I spend a lot of time in my living room and have been spending allot of time muling over what to do with it to make it functional for all the tasks I do in here...
  • watch TV
  • use lap top
  • eat
  • drink
  • crafts
  • read
  • write
  • pay bills
  • nap...sleep the night during bad storms
and I am sure my list goes on.   In addition to function, I want it to be a bright cheery room.  I only have 2 windows and the door to offer any light which is not much.  One window is half air-conditioner with a black screen pushed up that I JUST realized I should go outside and remove it (after the thunderstorm).  The other window is under the patio overhang so it doesn't get bright light, which is a good thing in Florida.  The door is usually closed because I need to figure out how to replace the screen because the screws seem to be stripped. (Now I'm thinking maybe I can put a screen in the top to replace the glass...)  I'd love to replace it with a wood screen door with all the pretty trims, but my doors seem to be too short and so far I haven't found one I could cut to fit.  I finally decided on  colors to paint:  the ceiling: Benjamin Moore - Little Angel (pale yellow) and the walls: ACE Paint - Going My Way (aqua/sea foam).  I love how the kitchen ceiling is still bright even when it's not bright out and hoping it does the same in the living room.

I live with my dog, Heidi, while all my family is in New York, so family photos are an important part of my decor.  The babies are now going on 2 years old and 2 babies are on their way this summer.  They grow and change so fast, I don't get to change pictures as often but will have to up-date some and make room for new babies!!

I love the beach and have always collected beach things and gotten some as gifts.  I've started painting furniture in beach blues.  Shells are all over... candles ... maps...trays... my most recent purchase is a vintage Florida souvenir 1940's table cloth...I wanted to pretty-up the living room yesterday and put it over the 2 sea grass chests I have pushed together as a coffee table.


Florida and some accessories
Florida













It's spring, so it's time to pretty up!!  More to come.  Did you do any prettying up lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.