MY ETSY SHOP

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Re-decorating my kitchen!

I find white walls extremely boring.  After living here about 2 years, I finally got the itch to paint here.  I thought the kitchen was an easy room to start with since I knew my basics of what I wanted.  It would center around a painting I bought in Prague, on a weekend trip with my sister.  I wanted to paint the ceiling and walls a buttery yellow and the cabinet doors a brighter yellow.

Here's what I bought:
  • French Cafe Kitchen Curtains
  • Benjamin Moore
  • Benjamin Moore
  • Gothic Shelves
  • Yellow spray paint
My baker's rack was a dark green and as I sprayed it yellow, I liked the way it looked without out spraying it a solid yellow.  Leaving some green showing through gave it some contrast, especially against the yellow walls.

as I started to paint.

I saw "French Market Baskets" in my searches, and just so happened to have these!

Baker's Rack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but I had to take 'open/anonymous' comments down due to spam. I apologize but still would love your comments.